Curtis Herbert is an independent iOS app creator, writer, speaker, and Apple enthusiast. Spends his free time enjoying 🎮, 🏂, and most things 🤓, living in Boulder.
Fact #19: I enjoy most things table-top: RPGs and board games alike. I go to Gen Con every year with my friends as a pilgrimage to appease the dice gods.
- Fact #13: Growing up I snuck downstairs past my bedtime to watch reruns of Star Trek: The Next Generation. This probably explains my love for Earl Grey tea.
- Fact #5: I lived in Okinawa Japan for half a year in 2006. Want to become best friends? Find me a bottle of Awamori, the local Sake brew.
- Fact #7: Through middle school I assumed I'd be some kind of sketch artist, at least until I was handed a programmable TI-82. That little calculator changed my life.
- Fact #3: I play D&D weekly. I'm that guy who impulsively pushes big mysterious red buttons, much to my party's dismay. Somehow I've only killed one teammate so far.
- Fact #1: My nickname, Parrots, has absolutly nothing to do with my opinion of the species, despite what some accidental Twitter followers may assume (boy they must be confused by my tweets).
- Fact #11: We weren't allowed to own a video game system growing up so my grandmother bought “herself” a NES. She ended up rocking at Super Mario Bros 3.
- Fact #17: I watched a lot of anime in my 20s, even going to Otakon for 6 years straight. Unfortunately I haven't found as many series I enjoy as of late.
- Fact #19: I enjoy most things table-top: RPGs and board games alike. I go to Gen Con every year with my friends as a pilgrimage to appease the dice gods.
- Fact #23: 🏂+🌲=🏥 My only major surgery was in early 2015 when I broke my femur in half, requiring a rod to be permanently installed in my bone. I was (awkwardly) walking just a week later, though.
- Fact #29: I was in a music video for a rock band. I was “grocery-guy”, where I carried bags of groceries into an elevator where the drummer was playing. You might say I … 😎 … had that role in the bag.